The selection of the right school to suit your child’s personality and interests is one of the
most difficult decisions a parent can make.
At Grayston, we do our best to make the needs of each and every child a priority.
Please be advised that our main intake into the school is in Grade 000 and Grade 00. Intake into Grade R to Grade 7 will only occur when vacancies become available.
- Grade 000 – The year in which your child turns Four.
- Grade 00 – The year in which your child turns Five.
- Grade 0 – The year in which your child turns Six
Complete the online application form, upload the required documents and pay the application fee.
You will be added to the waitlist. Our waitlist scores all applicants as follows:
- Days between application date and birthdate of the child (the lower the better)
- Equal mix of boys and girls
- Special consideration is given to staff, siblings and past students / alumni
- Maintaining a diversified and multicultural mix of students
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted 14 months prior to admission.
Upon acceptance, you will required to sign the School’s Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct.
To secure your place, you will be required to pay the NON-REFUNDABLE enrolment fee. The enrolment fee is a once-off payment due upon acceptance used to cover the development costs of the school.
Once a child has an offer of a place at the School, the Parent must pay an Enrolment Fee.
If a Parent chooses not to place their child in the School, the School will refund the Parent the Enrolment Fee as follows:
• 100% if the parents notify by 01 June of the year before the child is to start at the school;
• 75% % if the parents notify by 01 July of the year before the child is to start at the school;
• 50% if the parents notify by 01 August of the year before the child is to start at the school;
• 0% if the parents notify by after the 01 August of the year before the child is to start at the school.
Please note that there is a non-refundable registration fee of R500 per application.
Grayston Preparatory Banking Details:
Account Name: Grayston Preparatory School
Bank: First National Bank
Branch: Wierda Valley, Sandton
Branch Code: 260950
Account No: 51326820581
Please use your ‘Name & Surname’ as a Reference